KYRS is powered by everyday people donating their time and talents. By joining the KYRS community, you help bring diverse programming into the homes of more radio listeners. We do our best to cater opportunities to your interests and availability, and we welcome your expertise. From music review to bookkeeping, there are many ways to support KYRS. Sharing your time and talents is one of the best! We also have internships available for certain positions. For More information, call KYRS Volunteer Coordinator Joseph Ready at 209-2581.
Help produce a program
“So There I Was,” our locally produced interview/talk/story show, is looking for volunteers to help with the programming and production
of the show.
Help is needed in these four areas:
1. Finding Spokanites as well as visitors to the area that have an
interest in speaking on the radio.
2. Calling, emailing, talking to and scheduling potential guests.
3. Conducting interviews as a host or co-host.
4. Updating social media.
Volunteers should have the following:
Strong writing skills, especially for the purposes of sending emails and
posting to social media
Strong verbal communication skills
An interest in reflecting the diverse population and voices of Spokane as
exemplified by the guests
An interest in helping to promote the community and the arts by inviting
guests that can represent different events
Time in their personal schedule to meet at least once a week for a one
hour planning session, another hour to record/speak to the guests and
another hour for any post interview tasks
The spirit of volunteerism
A volunteer doesn’t have to fulfill all roles. Help in any of the above
four areas is greatly appreciated.
Contact Neil at sothereIwas@kyrs.org
Love music? Super organized? Have time to contribute to a local radio station? KYRS Thin Air Community Radio is looking for a volunteer music library assistant to process new music and update our collection. Must be able to spend at least 1 hours/week at the station. Times/days of the week are flexible.
If interested, please email email@example.com, noting your interest and experience with music and/or libraries and your availability.
For more info: 509- 209-2581
Put up fliers announcing KYRS events. Help with door-to-door leafleting campaigns.
Distribute car donation flyers.
Help with events
This is an as needed position.
Contact: Joseph Ready, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info: 509-209-2581
Reports to Station Manager
Status: Volunteer, 4 hours per week
Responsible for all aspects of individual and family memberships
- Works with Station Manager and Development Committee to create annual membership goals and strategies
- Plans, oversees and executes all aspects of membership fundraising including acquisition, renewals, additional gifts and renewals. Uses all fundraising channels including on-air fund drives, web campaigns, mailings, email, social media, telemarketing and events.
- Ensures that database is updated with full and accurate member information
- Tracks donations and analyzes results, i.e. goals reached, retention and attrition rates
- Works with staff to ensure successful on-air and online fundraising from members.
- Uses best practices and the highest ethical standards for donor care, transparency, donor privacy and security.
- Competent in all aspect of donation processing
- Attends staff meetings
- Ensures timely processing of donations: photocopy checks, make deposits, prepare batches for Quickbooks, send gifts and thank you notes to members
- Motivates the board, staff and other volunteers to help identify and cultivate members
Commitment: 2-3 hours per week, with at least a 6-month commitment
Reports to Station Manager
Keep regular positive communications with KYRS members and the public
– Send regular email news updates to KYRS list (monthly or more depending on what’s going on)
– Maintain KYRS Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts with regular posts (weekly)
– Periodically update website with current news and events
– Periodically generate and distribute press releases regarding new programs and station news
– Attend staff meetings if possible
– Maintain regular communication with volunteer coordinator and station manager
Commitment: up to 2 hours per week, with at least a 6-month commitment
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Keep track of new and current community events around the Spokane area for KYRS to table at, and to work on projects that increase our outreach and presence in the community.
– Keep updated on all Spokane area events such as community events, music festivals, college events, etc. and line up table space for KYRS information at these events. Keep an updated list of these events with contact info, dates, and times
– Help station manager draft and prepare outreach letters to area organizations and businesses
– Help organize outreach events such as the KYRS Lit Drop in the spring
– Work with other volunteers and staff to create and update outreach materials, such as event or program posters, tabling supplies, banners, etc.
Answer Phones During On-Air Fund Drives